Academic research is messy! Long hours, course work, pressure to publish, paper rejections, conflicts among collaborators, failed experiments, and pushy advisors. All of this takes a toll.
It certainly took a toll on me, which is why I wrote the book that I wanted to read as a new Ph.D. student. This book presents guidelines and tools that will make you a more effective researcher. You will learn the following:
- Tips for version control.
- How to read a paper effectively.
- Strategies for writing papers.
- Ways to organize effectively.
- Tips for coming up with new research ideas.
- Best practices for academic programming.
- Effective communication with others.
All these tools will make you a more effective, organized, and fulfilled researcher, allowing you to focus on the essential while blending out distractions.
An ebook that teaches you how to become a more effective academic researcher. No fillers. No DRM. No nonsense.